TERMS APPLICABLE TO CONFIDENTIALITY AND PERSONAL DATA
- A party (Receiving Party) shall keep in strict confidence all technical or commercial know-how, specifications, inventions, processes or initiatives which are of a confidential nature and have been disclosed to the Receiving Party by the other party (Disclosing Party), its employees, agents or subcontractors, and any other confidential information concerning the Disclosing Party’s business or its products or its services which the Receiving Party may obtain. The Receiving Party shall restrict disclosure of such confidential information to such of its employees, agents or subcontractors as need to know it for the purpose of discharging the Receiving Party’s obligations under the Contract, and shall ensure that such employees, agents or subcontractors are subject to obligations of confidentiality corresponding to those which bind the Receiving Party. This clause shall survive till termination of the Contract.
- During the term of the Contract and for a period ending 5 years from the date of its conclusion, CRESWEBS shall take the same care as the Company uses with its own confidential information, to avoid, without the Client’s consent, the disclosure to any third party (except a subcontractor working on the Services who is subject to similar undertakings of confidentiality) of any of the Client’s business or operational information which the Client has designated as confidential.
- The above obligations with respect to confidentiality shall not apply to any information which is or becomes publicly available otherwise than through a breach of this agreement, is already or rightly comes into the Company’s possession without an accompanying obligation of confidence, is independently developed by the Company, or which the Company is required to disclose by law.
- During the term of the Contract and for a period ending 5 years from termination thereof, the Client will not disclose to any persons within its organization that do not have a need to know, or to any third party, any information and non-Client materials provided by CRESWEBS concerning the method or approach the Company uses in providing the Services.
TERMS ABOUT DURATION, ASSIGNMENT, AND TERMINATION OF CONTRACT
- The Contract shall renew automatically for a further term of one year at the end of each year unless and until either party notifies the other of its wish to terminate the Contract at the expiry of the current year by giving the other party at least 30 days’ written notice to expire at the end of that contract term.
- Without limiting its other rights or remedies, each party may terminate the Contract with immediate effect by giving written notice to the other party if the other party:
- Commits a material breach of the Contract and (if such breach is remediable) fails to remedy that breach within 30 days of that party being notified in writing of the breach
- CRESWEBS shall, in addition to all other rights and remedies under these Terms, be entitled to terminate this Contract without notice in the event that any of its charges for the Services are not paid in accordance with these Terms.
- Upon termination, for whatever reason, the parties shall be obliged to return all materials received from the other pursuant to the Contract without undue delay. If relevant, the Client shall be obliged to remove codes, etc, from websites without undue delay.
- The Client shall not be permitted to assign or transfer all or any part of its rights or obligations under the Contract and these Terms without the prior written consent of CRESWEBS.
- CRESWEBS shall be entitled to assign or subcontract any of its rights or obligations under the Contract and these Terms and the Client acknowledges that certain elements of the Services will be provided by third parties.
TERMS ABOUT FORCE MAJEURE
- Neither party shall be held liable for a Force Majeure Event.
- If a party believes that a Force Majeure Event has occurred, such party shall immediately inform the other party of the start and end of the Force Majeure Event.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of the present Terms, each party shall be entitled to terminate the Contract without liability to the other by written notice to the other party in the event that the performance of the Contract is impeded for more than 6 months due to a Force Majeure Event.
- CRESWEBS reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services with or without notice to the Client and the Company shall not be liable to the Client or any third party for any modification to or discontinuance of these Services save for the return of any prepaid sums in connection with the provision of the Services which are subsequently not provided.
- CRESWEBS shall be free to provide its Services to third parties whether during or following the provision of the Services to the Client.
- During the term of the Contract and for a period of 12 months thereafter, the Client agrees not to employ or engage or offer to employ or engage anyone designated by CRESWEBS to work on the Services.
- The failure of either party to enforce or to exercise at any time or for any period of time any right pursuant to these Terms does not constitute, and shall not be construed as a waiver of such terms or rights and shall in no way affect that party’s right later to enforce or to exercise it.
- If any term of these Terms is found illegal, invalid, or unenforceable under any applicable law, such term shall, insofar as it is severable from the remaining Terms, be deemed omitted from these Terms and shall in no way affect the legality, validity, or enforceability of the remaining Terms which shall continue in full force and effect and be binding on the parties to the Contract.
- Any valid alteration to or variation of these Terms must be in writing signed on behalf of each of the parties by duly authorized officers.
- A person who is not a party to the Contract shall not have any rights under or in connection with it.
- All notices must be submitted in writing to CRESWEBS and must be posted as the company’s address that is: House No: 36-A, Aurangzeb Block, Garden Town, Lahore, Pakistan. Or these notices can be dispatched at any other recommended by the Company.
- CRESWEBS and the Client shall be obliged to attempt to settle any disputes arising between them including disputes relating to the existence or validity of the Contract through negotiation provided always that either party shall be entitled at all times to exercise any of its other remedies including through taking legal action.
- The Contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Pakistan’s law and the parties hereby agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of Pakistani courts.
- The parties acknowledge and agree that the Contract supersedes any prior agreement, understanding, or arrangement between the parties, whether made orally or in writing and constitutes the entire agreement between CRESWEBS and the Client relating to these Services. Therefore, except as expressly provided, all other conditions and warranties (implied, statutory, or otherwise) are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.